Villa de Los Realejos
- Arquitectura Religiosa. Capillas -

In Viera and Clavijo street, this building is located that houses the cross of the callita, belonging to the group of chapels dedicated to the diffusion and devotion to the Holy wood in Los Realejos, a tradition that is closely linked to two Historical facts, the first one we can look for in the conquest of the island of Tenerife in 1496 and the placement of a wooden cross in what will later be the temple of Santiago Ap stol, of which remains are still preserved within the Silver filigree cross of (1677) that houses the aforementioned temple. Meanwhile, the second fact can be associated with the foundation at the beginning of the seventeenth century of the nearby convent of Santa Lucia belonging to the Franciscan Order, which led to those friars placing crosses in different places away from the population centers establishing their own V a Crucis .

Capilla de la Cruz de la Callita

Building between medians, rectangular and single height. Inside it houses a small nave with an altar for the cross to the west, presenting a covered concrete covering of half a can. Its main facade, resolved in the traditional way of these buildings, shows a single vain with a semicircular arch that starts on a decorative capital and houses a two-leaf wooden door with the two upper thirds with balusters that allow to see the interior. On the arch a triangular geometric element decorates the façade, being topped by an ornamental parapet of curved shapes on which a small wooden cross is arranged.

Capilla de la Cruz de la Callita


AREA Realejo Alto

ADDRESS N Viera y Clavijo Street, 24


X 344476.02

And 3140559.64

Illustrious City Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, Inventory of Real Estate of the Villa de Los Realejos. Tenerife Island , Hon. Town Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, 2012.

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento

No existe/n Bien/es Relacionado/s