Villa de Los Realejos
- Arquitectura Religiosa. Capillas -

Chapel dates back to the twentieth century, whose value is only part of a tradition that is linked to the feast of the Cross, on Tres de Mayo. This building belongs to the group of chapels dedicated to the diffusion and devotion to the Santo madero in Los Realejos, a tradition that is closely linked to two historical facts, the first one we can look for in the conquest of the island of Tenerife in 1496 and the placement of a wooden cross in what will later be the temple of Santiago Ap stol, of which remains are still preserved within the silver filigree cross of (1677) that houses the aforementioned temple. Meanwhile, the second fact can be associated with the foundation at the beginning of the 17th century of the convent of Santa Lucia belonging to the Franciscan Order, which led to those friars placing crosses in different places away from the population centers establishing their own V a Crucis.

Capilla de Cruz de la calle Tigotán

Chapel of a single body raised on a square floor that is made according to a traditional construction scheme in this type of religious architecture. It has a rectangular main facade where the only access opening opens. The span is characterized by being made up of a semicircular arch with a rework made of stone cladding imitating the stonework of canter a. The upper part is culminated with a crenellated frontispiece. The roof is gabled with curved tiles.

Capilla de Cruz de la calle Tigotán


Tigaiga AREA

ADDRESS Tigot Street n


X 343882.90

And 3140710.49

Illustrious City Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, u201 Inventory of Real Estate of the Villa de Los Realejos. Tenerife Island ' , Hon. Town Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, 2012.

Los Realejos Town Hall: 'Los Realejos, a historical synthesis' . Los Realejos 1995.

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento

No existe/n Bien/es Relacionado/s