Villa de Los Realejos
- Arquitectura Religiosa. Capillas -

This building belongs to the group of them dedicated to the diffusion and devotion to the Holy wood in Los Realejos, a tradition that is closely linked to two historical facts, the first one we can look for in the conquest of the island of Tenerife in 1496 and the placement of a wooden cross in what will later be the temple of Santiago Ap stol, of which remains are still preserved within the silver filigree cross of (1677) that houses the aforementioned temple. Meanwhile, the second fact can be associated with the foundation at the beginning of the 17th century of the convent of Santa Lucia belonging to the Franciscan Order, which led to those friars placing crosses in different places away from the population centers establishing their own V a Crucis. Originally, this chapel of advocacy to the Santo madero was located in front of its current situation, but due to the interventions to widen the va, it was demolished, building it later to re-guard the Cross.

Capilla de Cruz de la calle El Peral

Building with common characteristics to the chapels of custody of the cross of the realejos, with rectangular plan of small dimensions covered with two waters. The main facade is crowned on the sides by two pilasters with a pot, framing a triangular frontispiece and housing a single bay with a semicircular arch and framed with a cement molding imitating ashlars.

Capilla de Cruz de la calle El Peral


AREA Realejo Alto

ADDRESS N God Street, 30


X 344529.21

And 3140306.92

Illustrious City Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, Inventory of Real Estate of the Villa de Los Realejos. Tenerife Island , Hon. Town Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, 2012.

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento

No existe/n Bien/es Relacionado/s