Villa de Los Realejos
- Arquitectura Religiosa. Capillas -

Dated in the twentieth century. This building belongs to the group of chapels dedicated to the diffusion and devotion to the Santo madero in Los Realejos, a tradition that is closely linked to two historical facts, the first one we can look for in the conquest of the island of Tenerife in 1496 and the placement of a wooden cross in what will later be the temple of Santiago Ap stol, of which remains are still preserved within the silver filigree cross of (1677) that houses the aforementioned temple. Meanwhile, the second fact can be associated with the foundation at the beginning of the 17th century of the convent of Santa Lucia belonging to the Franciscan Order, which led to those friars placing crosses in different places away from the population centers establishing their own V a Crucis.

Capilla de Cruz de la calle Casa Higa

Erected on a rectangular floor, it rises following the traditional architectural schemes of the cross chapels. It has a rectangular facade with a large access opening. The wooden carpenter is highly carved. In the upper part a small or geometric front is made in a very simple geometric form on which a wooden cross is placed as a coronation. The set is covered with a flat roof that is topped with a false curved tile eave.

Capilla de Cruz de la calle Casa Higa


AREA The Holy Cross

ADDRESS Street Casa Higa, 17


X 346379.86

And 3139884.91

Illustrious City Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, u201 Inventory of Real Estate of the Villa de Los Realejos. Tenerife Island ' , Hon. Town Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, 2012.

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento

No existe/n Bien/es Relacionado/s