Villa de Los Realejos
- Arquitectura Religiosa. Capillas -

The chapel rigorously follows the heritage arguments of the existing cross chapels in the municipality. This building belongs to the group of chapels dedicated to the diffusion and devotion to the Santo madero in Los Realejos, a tradition that is closely linked to two historical facts, the first one we can look for in the conquest of the island of Tenerife in 1496 and the placement of a wooden cross in what will later be the temple of Santiago Ap stol, of which remains are still preserved within the silver filigree cross of (1677) that houses the aforementioned temple. Meanwhile, the second fact can be associated with the foundation at the beginning of the 17th century of the convent of Santa Lucia belonging to the Franciscan Order, which led to those friars placing crosses in different places away from the population centers establishing their own V a Crucis.

Capilla de Cruz de la Calle Natero

The chapel stands on a square floor at a height by using stone and mud walls. The roof is made to two waters by means of a structure of wood of pair and row that is covered with curved tile, extending the eaves on the facade to generate small eaves of channel and blanket on a thread of teeth. The main façade is rectangular on which a curved neo front of convex lines is finished, finished off with pin-shaped ends culminating with diamond tips. The existing span is with a semicircular arch, where the woodwork is made of wood.

Capilla de Cruz de la Calle Natero


AREA The Holy Cross

ADDRESS N Natero Street, 9


X 346499.88

And 3140239.14

Illustrious City Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, u201 Inventory of Real Estate of the Villa de Los Realejos. Tenerife Island ' , Hon. Town Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, 2012.

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento

No existe/n Bien/es Relacionado/s