Villa de Los Realejos
- Arquitectura Religiosa. Capillas -

The Chapel of Cruz de Palo Blanco, is located in the area from which it takes its name, very close to the church, like the rest of those existing throughout the municipality belongs to the group of chapels dedicated to diffusion and devotion n the Holy wood in Los Realejos, a tradition that is closely linked to two historical facts, the first we can look for in the conquest of the island of Tenerife in 1496 and the placement of a wooden cross in what will later be the temple of Santiago Ap stol, of which remains are still preserved within the silver filigree cross of (1677) that houses the aforementioned temple. Meanwhile, the second fact can be associated with the foundation at the beginning of the 17th century of the convent of Santa Lucia belonging to the Franciscan Order, which led to those friars placing crosses in different places away from the population centers establishing their own V a Crucis. In the specific case of this building, we do not know its year of construction, but it currently shows signs of having been recently intervened.

Capilla de Cruz de Palo Blanco

Construction of a single body, of limited dimensions, with a unique opening in its front, where it is located at the wooden door, which allows a view of the interior, where the Wooden Cross is located. The facade is topped by a curved front, with a diamond-crowned pilaster standing on each side. After a recent intervention, a small overhang over the door, in addition to the incorporation of a stone cladding, completely disagrees with this typology.

Capilla de Cruz de Palo Blanco


Palo Blanco AREA

ADDRESS C / Palo Blanco, 36B


X 345367.10

And 3138779.34

Illustrious City Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, Inventory of Real Estate of the Villa de Los Realejos. Tenerife Island , Hon. Town Hall of the Villa de Los Realejos, 2012.

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento

No existe/n Bien/es Relacionado/s