Villa de Arafo
- Arquitectura Civil y Doméstica. Arquitectura Doméstica Urbana -

This building probably has an origin linked to the initial settlement of the first settlers of Arafo, who are credited with the exploitation of the pine forest present on the hillside for logging, hence this area is known as the Sawmill . The eruption of the Arenas volcano in 1705, devastated the pine forest and the appearance of the Malpaes, caused part of the population to move further north. In 1871 the chapel of La Cruz was blessed, built at the initiative of Mr. Tom s P. rez Bencomo, in whose surroundings some historical buildings can be seen, linked to agricultural activities, and that near the street of the Cross, gave Departure to these through the old Plazuela del Llano.

It should be noted that despite its serious formal alterations, it forms a unique building set with numbers 20 and 22. Its origin can be traced back to the 17th century.

Calle La Cruz nº 24

Rectangular floor housing, of a plant to which a new level was subsequently added in the middle of its plant.
Built with volcanic tuff blocks, coated are lime mortar, the main facade has five openings, placed in a disorderly manner, but adapted to the morphology inside the house.
In the lateral façade, on the roof of the lower module, another opening opens that gives access to the upper part of the house.
The wooden carpenters are simple, typical of the little dating of the house, with a balcony door at the top, double leaf, with sash windows included.
The roofs are flat, with a parapet in the upper module of the tuff block protected with a mortar sill.

Calle La Cruz nº 24


AREA Historic Center

ADDRESS N La Cruz Street, n 24


X 360,487.61

And 3,135,601.42

Calle La Cruz nº 24

VV AA : Heritage of the historic center of the town of Arafo , Final Master's Project in the rehabilitation of built heritage, CICOP, 2004.

Fari a Pestano, F : The History of Ara fo, Arafo City Council. 2004

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento