Villa de Arafo
- Arquitectura Civil y Doméstica. Arquitectura Civil -

This building located in the surroundings of the current San Juan Degollado square, and at the end of Mario Marrero Fari a street, the main entrance for the municipality, whose initial settlement is historically due to the displacement of the population of Arafo after the eruption in 1705 of the volcano of the Sands to this area, where the primitive hermitage dedicated to San Juan Bautista Degollado was located, which was erected between 1672 and 1690, later to be declared as a parish at the end of the 17th century and be the beginning of the civil segregation of Candelaria. Grouping in this current environment the largest civil buildings in the municipality.

The seat of the town hall did not have a fixed location until almost the end of the 19th century, in which the plenary sessions began in the church of San Juan Degollado, as it was the largest public building.

In 1935, with a motion of Mayor D. Luis Marrero, the construction of a building that was the seat of the town hall was approved, a project that with the start of the civil war was paralyzed this project.

This construction began to be built in 1930, as a primary school, until in 1943 the town hall began using part of these facilities. Subsequently, and given the need for more space, a second floor designed by the architect F lix S ez Marrero, in the 50s, is made, enabling rooms for municipal music bands. In the seventies it ceases to be used as a school and later, due to the increase in the town hall offices ...

Ayuntamiento de la Villa de Arafo

Building made in the corner, adapting to the orography of the land, which gives it a non-regular polygonal frontispiece.
It occupies the entire width of the block, with a rectangular floor plan and two heights, leaving a basement in the area of Reverendo Proco D. Vicente Jorge Dorta Street, finished off with a flat roof.
The arrangement of the openings is ordered with a main central access, a secondary annex and the rest of the plants with oblong rectangular windows.
The facades are topped with a straight cornice, which runs through it in its entirety, from which the parapet is born, which continues with the decoration of false pilasters that runs along the entire facade.


AREA Historic Center

ADDRESS Calle Almicar Gonz lez D a, n 1


X 360,979.12

And 3,135,713.12

-VV AA (1996). Resource Guide of the Southeast of Tenerife. Southeast Cultural Association of Tenerife. Santa Cruz of Tenerife.
-Fari to Pestano, F .: A journey through the architectural and ethnographic architectural heritage of Arafo: its assets of cultural interest and other proposals for opening.
-Fari to Pestano, F .: The History of Arafo, City Hall of Arafo. 2004
-VV AA: Heritage of the historic center of the town of Arafo, Final Master's Project in the rehabilitation of built heritage , CICOP, 2004.
-Fari to Pestano, F .: The History of Arafo through its mayors, 1798-1998. Arafo City Council, Cabildo de Tenerife, Center of the Canarian Popular Culture. 1998
-Excmo. Arafo City Hall. u201 Guide to Tourism '. Illustrious City of Arafo March 2001
-Victor Servilio P rez. 'Afo. Retarzo History, profiles and profiles (Selection of works published in the press) '. Graficas Tenerife SA 1986
- Southeast Cultural Association of Tenerife. 'Gu a of the assets of the southwest of Tenerife (Arafo, Arico, Candelaria, Fasnia, Gimar) ' . Southeast Cultural Association of Tenerife 1996.
-Octavio Rodr guez Delgado. 'rafo Religious Story ' . Illustrious City of Arafo 1995.
-Octavio Rodr guez Delgado: The links of Arafo with the Dominican convent of Candelaria. the hacienda and the chapel of 'la farm of the friars ' [blog.octaviordelgado.es]
-Concejal to the Spanish Heritage of the Hon. Arona town hall. 'III ...

Descripción Documento Descargar Documento

Ayuntamiento de la Villa de Arafo Calle Mario Marrero Fariña - Cat:Calles