San Cristóbal de La Laguna
- Espacios Urbanos. Calles -

Formerly known as Calle de Los Álamos. This street will give rise over time and with its extension to Avenida de La Trinidad. And towards its opposite side, connecting with what was called "Tanque Grande", the road that leads to Las Mercedes and the municipal coast from Valleguerra to Punta del Hidalgo.

The current Tabares de Cala street, which begins at Herradores, is one of the city's historic thoroughfares and runs northeast through the Plaza del Cristo, which is where it ends. Almost as an extension, it joins the Camino de las Peras.

The old name of Los Álamos comes because this type of tree is typical of humid places, and they are planted in a large part of the lagoon plain, referring to some authors who were in the Tanque Grande and Los Lavaderos, which can be consider as the extension of this street.

In La Laguna in 1514, when it only had 854 inhabitants who lived in 8 streets, this one in Los Álamos was initially called “ Windmill Street”

Calle Tabares de Cala

GARCIA, CARLOS : The Old Streets of La Laguna. Its nomenclature from the 16th century until our days. Center of the Canarian Popular Culture, 1994.

GERM N DE ARMAS, ADRI N : Guide of La Laguna. Cabildo of Tenerife. Culture area 2002.

RODR GUEZ MOURE, JOS: Historical guide of La Laguna. Institute of Canary Studies. 1935

ALEM N, Gilberto : The alley n. Critical lagoons. Cabildo de Tenerife, 1985.

CIORANESCU, Alejandro: La Laguna. Gu a historical and monumental. La Laguna, 1965.

MORENO FUENTES, Francisca : Tazm a of the island of Tenerife in 1552. Yearbook of Athletic Studies. Num. 25. Madrid. Las Palmas, 1979.

Don José Tabares de Cala y Núñez de Villavicencio was born in La Laguna on April 19, 1637. His father was Captain Gonzalo Tabares de Cala and his mother Mencía de Vergara Núñez de Villavicencio. He married Catalina Prieto de Medina in 1663 with whom he had nine children.

Graduated in Law from the University of Salamanca. Perpetual Regidor of Tenerife, mayor of La Gomera, El Hierro and Tenerife. Lawyer of the Hearing of the Canary Islands (1673). In 1895, the Lagunero council agreed to name the old Los Álamos street, after him.

He died on May 22, 1706 and his mortal remains rest in the parent parish of La Concepción de San Cristóbal de La Laguna.

Calle Tabares de Cala
Descripción Documento Descargar Documento
No existe/n Documento/s para este Bien

No existe/n Bien/es Relacionado/s