The main façade of the Town Hall with access from the Plaza del Adelantado is due to a neoclassical reform carried out in 1822 and 1824 on the primitive Cabildo, which had been carried out in 1546, in a Renaissance style, with a central balcony and porticoed entrance, from which it maintains only a conopial arch, an archaic smogica on the ground floor made in red canter. The neoclassical facade made entirely of gray stonework is the result of the design of the prestigious Peninsular architect Ventura Rodr guez (1717-1785), directed and executed by the local master of works Juan Nepomuceno Verdugo. Subsequently, the area corresponding to the Sessions Room was demolished to be rebuilt between 1860 and 1866, under the project of the architect Manuel del Or a, reforms taking place in that room during the years 1934 and 1963.
Accessing the main staircase to the upper floor you can see the frescoes made in 1764 by Carlos Acosta, and that arranged in three sections of the staircase represent the Apparition of Our Lady of Candelaria to the Guanches crowned by the patrons of the city , San Miguel and San Crist bal, the surrender of the Menceyes Guanches to Alonso Fern ndez de Lugo and the Presentation of the Menceyes before the Catholic Monarchs.
MUNICIPALITY San Crist bal de La Laguna
ZONE District1- Historic Center
ADDRESS Calle Obispo Rey Redondo, 1
|ARQUITECTURA CIVIL Y DOMÉSTICA|
|Casa del Corregidor - Cat:Anterior al S.XX|
|Casa Alvarado Bracamonte - Cat:Anterior al S.XX|
|Casa Anchieta - Cat:Anterior al S.XX|
|Casa La Alhondiga - Cat:Anterior al S.XX|
|Antiguo Colegio Dominicas - Cat:S.XX y Posterior||BIENES MUEBLES|
|Sin Imágen||Escudo de armas de la isla de Tenerife - Cat:Textiles||ESPACIOS URBANOS|