ANTIGUO COLEGIO DOMINICAS

San Cristóbal de La Laguna San Cristóbal de La Laguna
- Arquitectura Civil y Doméstica. S.XX y Posterior -




This building located on Consistorio N 6, has housed the College of Dominican Mothers since the architect Mariano was built in 1912.

The building was built in the eighteenth century, responding its facade to the aesthetic trends that develop in the nineteenth to twentieth-century traffic and trying to revitalize artistic moments of the late Middle Ages where the use of ethnic motifs and Renaissance was very common.

It is currently part of the municipal offices.



Antiguo Colegio Dominicas

Historical-Artistic Heritage Unit. City Hall of San Crist bal de La Laguna. A or 2000

TARQUIS RODRIGUEZ, P: Dictionary of architects, alarifes and stonecutters who have worked in the Canary Islands. 18th century

ADRI N DE ARMAS, A: Guide of La Laguna

MARQU S BARCEL .C - MART N GARC AA: Architecture Guide of La Laguna. CICOP. 2006



Antiguo Colegio Dominicas

The facade shows a colored background on which the decorations made in mortar projections around holes and on the roof sill are located. The motifs used are historicist with motifs of late Gothic, such as orthopic arches and tracer ace.

It has two access doors with corrugated frames as if it were archivolts. On the upper floor there are paired windows, and on them the rich decoration of the parapet that hides the roof, whose rhythm is interrupted on the right side to recreate two pinions on both sides of a Latin cross. On the left side of the facade the image of Santo Domingo de Guzm n appears on a base.



Antiguo Colegio Dominicas

MUNICIPALITY San Crist bal de La Laguna

ZONE District1- Historic Center

ADDRESS Calle Consistorio, 4


Descripción Documento Descargar Documento
Levantamiento de fachada (2206)
Ficha PEP
Ficha PGOU